European club football suffers from an increasing financial & sporting gap. Our proposal would narrow the gap instead of grow it.
- For the Cycle 2021-24 cycle the European Leagues already proposed a new system for distribution of money that enables more clubs to play in a more balanced competitive environment and allows football to flourish in more places.
- It is important to increase support for clubs that do not play in European competitions.
- Narrow the distribution gap between the 3 European club competitions
- No historical results as criteria for revenue distribution.
Access always based on the latest performance of clubs in their respective domestic top tier league or domestic cup competion.
- Access must always be based on the latest performance of clubs in their respective domestic top tier league or domestic cup competition.
- NO to Promotion and Relegation between the 3 UEFA Club Competitions.
- A more inclusive Access List: more clubs from more countries to participate to UEFA Club Competitions.
Weekends belong to the domestic competitions.
- Any change in UEFA Club Competitions must not jeopardize the calendar of domestic league competitions.
- The Leagues are against the introduction of more match-days than those foreseen in the current UCC format and relevant calendar.
- No UCC match-days can be scheduled during weekends.